to the weather for many years.
The door hadn't been used for a long time but the house was going on
the market so it was time to replace the door.
A makeshift home office was set up on the inside of the door and after pulling the computer desk, cables and other components out of the way,
I noticed that the skirting boards were not attached to the wall;
I added this to my repair list and carried on...
Having measured the door on my initial visit, I remembered to bring an extra piece of timber because the door was 40mm taller than the standard.
After attaching my timber to the bottom, I cut a piece of aluminium flashing
to protect the new door from the damp.
My flashing is glued and screwed in place and the door is ready to hang.
when hanging a door I always know when it's time to sharpen mine!
The old entry set works fine so I gave it a treatment with INNOX
lubricating spray and installed it in the new door.
After fixing the skirting boards near the new side door I noticed the front door
was catching on the jamb on my way out... A few strokes of the
electric planer and this was fixed too! Sometimes having the right
tools for the job is all it takes.